Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Shame on me.

Bad weather here makes me so unmotivated to run. Life lately has been snow days, lesson plans, and job applications. I barely make time to relax, let alone run.

But yesterday I forced myself. There was really nothing going on in the afternoon so I forced myself to pull on my bright green running shorts and get my butt out there. (Well, in there, on the treadmill, that is... because Iowa hates me and wants to keep me indoors.)

And for the first 2 miles I remembered why I started this running thing in the first place. My mind was clear, I was happy to be back moving, and I just felt good. Really good.

The last mile is another story. But I'm not thinking about that right now.

I'm thinking about how good the first two felt and getting ready to lace up my running shoes today.

I'm glad to be back out there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Welcome back, Lauren. :) Your shoes have missed you.

It'll be time to shuffle before you know it!! Do you think you'll run with the team the day before?

1:18 PM  
Blogger miss petite america said...

yippee skippee, you're back!

4:54 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Nice to see you back out there! Good job on the 3 miles!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to stay positive and concentrate on the good miles! Hopefully the weather will let up soon and we can all get back outside and enjoy some good runs!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home