Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Jayhawk Love

My love for Barb, aka Running Jayhawk is now deserving of an entire post. A few days ago, I asked her for some help coming up with a running plan. I had a plan, but really, I just made it up, and I wasn't sure if I was doing it right. So I asked for some guidance. Armed with the knowledge of my current comfort level and my next two race goals, Barb e-mailed me an entire running plan that will get me through to the Shamrock Shuffle. Not only that, I now have the template for a calendar to house my running schedule for all of 2007, complete with inspirational running quotes along the way. Quote for January: "Good things come slow -- especially in distance running." - Bill Dellinger, Oregon Coach

I won't lie, I cried when I sat down and looked at my calendar. It is so nice to feel so encouraged and supported. People I have known my entire life aren't sending this much support and love my way. So to Barb, thank you from the bottom of my heart. To everyone else, send Barb love. She deserves it.



Today's workout: Cross-train. 25 minutes on stairclimber; 50 flights climbed. 20 minutes of outrage that the idiot who didn't know how to use the eliptical wouldn't get off the damn thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger miss petite america said...

holy crap! 50 flights?!?! that's INSANE!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Aww...lauren! you're too cute. :P

8:02 PM  
Blogger brunettechicagogal said...

You absolutely can do the Shuffle. Do you live in Chicago? I lived there from 92-'05 and hope to go back soon! Anyway, one thing to keep in mind is that it's a CROWDED race, sort of a jumblef**k for the first three miles, so don't be fixated on a specific finish time. Let me know if you ever need race training tips, esp. for Chicago races.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home