I'll learn to get by with little victories....
Another treadmill run yesterday. By the time I got my butt in gear to run, it was far too late to be running around outside by myself. The treadmill wasn't as bad this time, though. 2 miles came and went pretty quickly, and I ran at a much faster pace than normal.
And, for the first time ever, *drumroll please* I didn't need to take any walking breaks! Usually after mile 1 I have to take a break to stretch and walk. Yesterday I just kept on running. I was so proud of myself! My pace is still slow, but I'm hanging in there and gaining endurance. I actually know what it feels like to be "in the zone" now. My first mile was gloriously "in the zone."
And I'll be awful sometimes, weakened to my knees/but I'll learn to get by on little victories
-Matt Nathanson
And, for the first time ever, *drumroll please* I didn't need to take any walking breaks! Usually after mile 1 I have to take a break to stretch and walk. Yesterday I just kept on running. I was so proud of myself! My pace is still slow, but I'm hanging in there and gaining endurance. I actually know what it feels like to be "in the zone" now. My first mile was gloriously "in the zone."
And I'll be awful sometimes, weakened to my knees/but I'll learn to get by on little victories
-Matt Nathanson


2 Comments:
rock on! it is pure bliss when you're in the zone!!!
kick ass!! that's so awesome :)
Post a Comment
<< Home