Crack of Dawn
This morning I got up at 7:30 for an early morning run. It was fantastic. The weather was great -- cool and crisp -- and I set out to run 2 miles. I thought this might be difficult, because my Tuesday night run of 1 mile kicked my butt. Today just happened to be one of the easy days. I was happy and calm, and there was almost nobody else out this morning. It really was a great run.
But the best part: I was able to push myself for the first time. Usually, I just give in. I walk when I want to walk, run when I feel like running. Towards the end of my run this morning, I really wanted to walk. But I just kept telling myself, "If you walk, everyone else is right. If you walk, you can't push yourself. If you walk now, how are you going to do a marathon?" I knew my body was capable of running the rest, and I DID IT! I was beaming when I ran into my driveway at the end of the run.
Super, super day. :o)
But the best part: I was able to push myself for the first time. Usually, I just give in. I walk when I want to walk, run when I feel like running. Towards the end of my run this morning, I really wanted to walk. But I just kept telling myself, "If you walk, everyone else is right. If you walk, you can't push yourself. If you walk now, how are you going to do a marathon?" I knew my body was capable of running the rest, and I DID IT! I was beaming when I ran into my driveway at the end of the run.
Super, super day. :o)


2 Comments:
Way to kick some ass!! I'm glad it was an easy day for you. Pushing yourself will pay off...just you wait and see!
i'm so glad i'm not the only one struggling with 2 mile runs. way to push yourself!
Post a Comment
<< Home