Getting Back in Gear
I was a bad, bad runner girl while I was home from school for break. And by that, I mean I am heading back to school on Wednesday and I have run a total of one time. I am hopeful that with a more "set in stone" schedule next semester, I will put running into that fixed schedule and make it a part of my daily routine.
Even though I have been a slacker as far as running is concerned, some good things did happen this break:
1. On New Year's Day, I told my family that my resolution is to run the Chicago Marathon. They didn't laugh like I thought they would. The response was, "You're going to have to train a lot." Duh. But it feels good that they know. And hopefully, that, like this blog, will be yet another way to hold myself accountable.
2. I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle in March. This will force me to run, run, run in order to get in shape and get the best time I can for the race.
3. I got an iPod Shuffle for Christmas, which is fabulous. I love the little clip -- it will be great for working out with!
So here's to starting a new year off on the right foot... :)
Maybe for my birthday in February I will ask to get fitted for new running shoes!
Even though I have been a slacker as far as running is concerned, some good things did happen this break:
1. On New Year's Day, I told my family that my resolution is to run the Chicago Marathon. They didn't laugh like I thought they would. The response was, "You're going to have to train a lot." Duh. But it feels good that they know. And hopefully, that, like this blog, will be yet another way to hold myself accountable.
2. I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle in March. This will force me to run, run, run in order to get in shape and get the best time I can for the race.
3. I got an iPod Shuffle for Christmas, which is fabulous. I love the little clip -- it will be great for working out with!
So here's to starting a new year off on the right foot... :)
Maybe for my birthday in February I will ask to get fitted for new running shoes!


1 Comments:
You're going to rule at the Shuffle!! Just wait and see...you'll be brilliant!
Just get that sweet ass of yers out 2-3 times a week for the next few weeks and you'll be golden!
Can that boy toy of yours lace up his shoes and join you? Running is easier to swallow in numbers.
Post a Comment
<< Home