Monday, November 27, 2006

A little dissappointed... till I thought about it...

I ran the Turkey Trot in Edison Park on Thanksgiving -- a 5k. Not too shabby for a total beginner like myself. I was really dissapointed in myself at first, the amount of pain I felt, my time... but then I realized that I finished the run in 40 mins. A couple years ago, without training, I did it in 46 - 50 min... I don't even remember my exact old time. But even if I only shaved off 6 min, that's 2 min every mile!

And I think that's pretty damn good. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

My first 5k time was very similar. You should be proud!! You've set the bar...now the next 5k race you go for, try to shave off 10-20 seconds per mile...gradually your time will improve! In just under a year, I went from having a 39 minute 5k to a 31 minute 5k. That's massive improvement. And if my lazy self can do it...anyone can. Do you ever make it downtown to run? We could hit the path together some time. :)

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home