Saturday, July 07, 2007

I'm back!

Even though it hasn't been documented here... I have, in fact, been running. A lot. I love training with TNT, and I'm starting to really feel like a runner... okay, a run/walker. Here are some of the things I have learned so far in training for my first marathon:

1. Run/walking makes me way happier than running.
2. I can run 12 miles. Who knew?
3. Being part of TEAM is incredible.
4. There are people who walk faster than I can run.
5. It's okay that there are people who walk faster than I can run.
6. It makes me deliriously happy to have dirty running shoes. In fact, it makes me feel like a badass.
7. People are incredibly generous.
8. I might just be addicted to running.

I had an incredible 10 mile run on the Lakefront this morning. Incredible. I met new people, found people who actually ran close to my pace, and due to a conversation with a new friend... I have found myself contemplating my second marathon (Dublin?) before I have even finished my first.

Super day.

1 Comments:

Blogger miss petite america said...

freakin'. awesome. chica.

so happy you're back and that you've been having a grand time without us ;)

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home