Crazy Idea + Lots of Encouragement

On Sunday, I watched my future brother-in-law finish the Chicago Marathon in 3:51:03. Standing along the sidelines cheering, I was inspired. It's not as though this was my first marathon experience. I've seen my dad run 4 Chicago Marathons with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. But Dad always seemed like a runner to me. When I met Nick, he was lots of wonderful things, but a runner was not one of them. Watching him finish made me think... Maybe I can do that.
And so, I'm going to. Somehow, I've suckered Jon into thinking it's a good idea too. So with him by my side to encourage and support me, on October 7, 2007, I'm going to run 26.2 miles. And here I will document the journey. I just have to have it in writing so I hold myself accountable!


1 Comments:
Welcome to the marathon insanity, Lauren!!!!! :) I am so excited for you two.
If you ever have any questions about marathon training or TNT, just give me a shout. DH and I had an awesome TNT experience this past Sunday--and if the two of us lazy kids can do it, anyone can. We promise!
I'm looking forward to following you on your journey.
Would you like to join us for a half mary in the spring sometime??
-Barb aka ChicagoRuby
ps...you should check out the Running Blog Family ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home